Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Three Years Ago Today

Three years ago today, we made a lifelong commitment, and I have to say... I have not regretted that once, not even a bit. Which, in marriage, is probably the best one could hope for.

The last three years have included two moves, numerous parties, new jobs, graduations, a new house, a pet, a pregnancy, road trips, plane trips, hospital visits, illnesses, family member deaths, late night discussions, thousands of whispered I love you's, and approximately 1,096 days of waking up next to one another (there was a leap year in there). It has never been boring or routine, and the challenges we have faced were all the easier and more meaningful because we faced them together. I'm looking forward to many, many more years.
Sweetheart, you light up my days and nights, and I can't think of anyone with whom I'd rather experience the adventure of life than you. The words "I love you" will never be enough, but that's okay, because I know you know what I mean.

4 comments:

jeanne-marie said...

Bon anniversaire de mariage .Quel joli souvenir pour nous! Nous partons dimanche matin pour Saint Louis un peu plus près de vous mais encore trop loin.
Gros bisous à vous deux
Jeanne-Marie et Alain

Margarita Primavera said...

Happy anniversary!

Mom and Dad said...

Here, here. Great job you two. I am so proud of you and am thrilled that you have each other. New adventures and lots of laughter is a great way to move forward each day. Wish I had sent flowers. Love you both.

Sarah said...

Happy belated Anniversary! You've had an eventful three years. I'm sure your next three will be just as eventful in a different, more parental kind of way... :)