Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lost and Not Found

I spent some of my limited free time over the past few days writing a blog post about my crazily interesting Saturday night.  I went out, I had fun, I did some things I’ve never done before, and I have bruises and a big welt to remember them by.

 

But I lost it.  Somehow, my “save draft” didn’t save, and Tony shut down the computer last night.  All was lost.

 

You know how things can be fine and then something happens and you just feel defeated?  That’s me, right now.  I find it really difficult to keep up with the blog and post anything other than photos of my kids and lo! I finally had several paragraphs about something else, something fun and interesting and just plain nuts.  And it’s gone.  Just gone.  I kind of want to cry.

 

And there are no more Cadbury Creme Eggs or Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs in the house.  And the baby’s sleeping, so I can’t go get more.

 

We’re leaving for Phoenix on Thursday and I’d like to say that I’ll have the time and energy to recap the weekend at some point between now and then but the truth is, I doubt it.  It’s much tougher for me to write a story than just stream-of-consciousness like this, and I still need to pack for me and both kids.  Maybe I’ll feel motivated to stay up late and tackle it.

 

In the meantime, here are photos of the baby, who is eight months old today.

 

c7b076e65b3211e19e4a12313813ffc0_6

 

photo (2)

photo (3)

photo (4)

 

He’s such a love.

No comments: