Saturday, November 8, 2008

Meet....me!

Hello World,

I just entered the world November 6, 2008 at 9:46pm and I wanted to say 'hi' to everyone out there. My name is Charles DeHaven Cook. When I was born, I was 20 inches long and weighed 9lbs. 3oz., which turns out to be the same as my Dad and my Grandma. Even though my due date wasn't for a couple more weeks, I figured I would come out of my Mom because she had been asking me to do so for a long time. She's done so much for me; I figured I would do something for her. She asked me to be born at 38 weeks, but I forgot to look at my calendar and missed it by a day. Time goes by so quickly when you are in utero, but you probably already knew that. By the time I realized it, I hurried up and got right out. I'll let her tell the story of that though.


I got home to my very own room couple of hours ago and I have to say it's pretty nice. I mean, my parent's have to share a room, but they gave me one all by myself. They know a little man's gotta have his privacy.


So far, I've been crying a little bit, but not a lot. Mom and my Grandmas calm me down pretty well when I get upset. There's just so much new stuff I see all the time. Like everything! I like to eat a lot and my Mom keeps me good and fed. She's a pretty awesome lady. Here's a picure of her today at the hospital. My Dad's ok, but he's not really as good as my Mom. He said he can't give me any food yet, but I think he might just be holding out on me. I did show him my crazy wrestling skills and pin him down on the couch for a couple hours at the hospital.


All in all, life is pretty good...at least both days so far. I want to thank everyone for all the cool stuff in my room. As a last photo op, here is me strapped in my carseat wearing my fleece lion outfit. It was my very first time wearing anything other than my hospital shirt. I felt kind of urban so I threw up some signs to my peeps. What up yo!

P.S.: I might only be two days old, but did you notice I know how to use a semicolon? That's right:).

9 comments:

SF Runner said...

What a beautiful family. Welcome home, Charlie!

M said...

Grammatically skilled AND adorable! Welcome to the world, Charles (Charlie?)! And big, big congratulations and love to Amelia and Tony!

Sarah said...

Yay! Welcome to the world little man. You've got great parents, don't wear them out too badly!

jeanne-marie said...

Bienvenue sur cette terre petit Charles.Que vous êtes beau tous les trois , nous avons hâte de le connaître..... mais il faudra attendre.
Plein de bisous
Jeanne-Marie, Alain et tous les amis français

K Schimmy said...

Welcome Charlie... someone to play with Ruary, hooray! Can you convince your playmate to head on out into the world too? His mom is ready to meet him.

Congratulations T&A... he's beautiful. I'm so happy for your family! Amelia... I want to hear about this 45 minute labor.

Amanda,, Travis, and Izabel Rainha Felton said...

congrats on the baby,

Amanda,, Travis, and Izabel Rainha Felton said...

if you were in labor for only 45 mintues you are lucky. I was in labor for over 24 hours even pushing for 3 hours before they did a C-section

Margarita Primavera said...

Welcome to the world Charlie! You are adorable! And congratulations to Tony & Amelia!!

Lo said...

Congratulations!!! He is beautiful and I love the name!