Sunday, September 13, 2009

I didn't just fly in, but my arms are tired all the same...

Tony is still recovering, thank you for all your prayers and well-wishes. He's been sleeping a bunch, especially since he weaned himself off of the narcotics and now has to deal with the pain again.

Anyhow, since I have been taking care of two men and a man-dog this week, neglecting work and cleanliness (not personal cleanliness, mind you, the house kind), my arms and back are real sore and I am somewhat tired.

So here's some stuff that happened this week:

Charles, Buster, and I went on lots of walks. Charles tolerates his stroller as long as he has Goldfish or graham crackers, toys, and it's not too hot for too long. Our days of walking for an hour or more are long gone.

A friend of ours had her son's birthday party at the Children's Museum. I think Charles was the youngest there, but he didn't let anyone outclass him in watermelon-eating.

He especially enjoyed the air box, or whatever it is really called. There is a nifty fan that blows balls up and makes them hover in mid-air. Perfect for a little guy who can't walk on his own and doesn't have a long-enough attention span for the many more-involved exhibits. Also, thank God he is not old enough to play in that indoor sandbox yet. I can only imagine finding that in the bottom of my bathtub.

Of course, my favorite part was the dress up. Here he is as a puppy, his favorite thing in the whole world. I haven't figured out what his Halloween costume will be yet, but rest assured it is in the forefront of my mind.

No comments: