Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Water Baby

Swimming 005

 

Splish!  Splash!  Every Wednesday, Charles and I have been attending a waterbabies swim class at the local gym.  It has been quite the workout for both of us, and a fantastic way to burn an hour or so in the evening.  I put dinner in the oven on time-bake and when we return, exhausted from our swimming efforts, dinner awaits. 

 

This time, Tony got to go (perks of the end of tax season numbers one and two: Tony gets to be more involved in family fun, and I get a much-needed break from throwing a squealing, swimming toddler in the air this week.  Though I think I will get in the pool next time – it is quite warm and humid sitting on the sidelines, I was beet red and uncomfortable) and enjoy the swim class.

 

 Swimming 012

 

Charles has the greatest time.  He went from shy and reserved the first class to laughing with delight, splashing, jumping in from the side of the pool, kicking, and swimming on his own with a noodle within a few weeks.

 

Swimming 015

 

Charles is a lot like I am in new situations: he wants to know what’s going on and what’s going to happen before he participates fully.  It’s not that he doesn’t like surprises or group activities, it’s just that he feels shy if he hasn’t done something before.  And that’s okay. 

 

Swimming 007

 

He’s already excited about going back next week.

2 comments:

Lo said...

How fun. I am considering putting Grace in a swim class. The few time we have had her in a pool, she loves it.
Just means mom would have to put on a swimsuit...ugh.

Amelia said...

I know, right? The suit part is the worst.