Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Slave to the Coffee

I’ll tell you what, until this morning, I was feeling a little cocky about being mostly well-rested and alert.  After all, the boys mostly sleep through the night and I get to bed at a decent hour and up at a decent hour and it’s sunny all day and this all combines to make me feel pretty good in the morning.  But today, we ran out of coffee.

 

Tony usually preps the coffee before he goes to bed, so I didn’t know that we were out until late last night, too late to go to the store (because I was in my pajamas, not because the stores weren’t open – once I’m in pajamas, I’m there to stay, and since I’m not a college freshman anymore, I’m unwilling to go out in public in my pjs).  I thought to myself, well self, you’re going to be fine.  You get enough sleep so you don’t really need that cup of coffee.  Besides, both times you were pregnant, you gave up coffee, and I know it was hard for a few days, but you was tired then and you’re not tired or pregnant now, so it should be easier to go one day without.  Buck up, self, you can do it!

 

Wrong.  I didn’t even make it until 8 am before I texted Leland to bring coffee to work for me.  At the first sip, the headache started to subside.  Cruel addiction.

 

This has all got me thinking, though… perhaps it’s time for a new coffee maker.  Ours is pretty old, 5 years or more, and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get rid of the musty odor it has acquired.  I have run vinegar and bleach water through it (not at the same time) to no avail.  The coffee we brew doesn’t taste very good anymore, so maybe it’s time for a change.  What kind of coffee maker do you have and do you like it?

 

Thanks to Leland, I also got to enjoy this lovely Slayer travel mug this morning.  If that doesn’t wake you up, I don’t know what will.

 

photo (16)

No comments: