Friday, August 16, 2013

Inadvertent Awesome

My husband bought me something truly amazing the other day, and I really don’t think he did it on purpose.  In fact, because he constantly has Man Vision (because he is a man, and cannot turn off Man Vision with regards to things like fashion or housewares or design, except in moments when I clarify things for him), I believe he thought he was buying me something that was actually nice and/or attractive.  But he still wins, because as creepy as this gift is, it is also awesome.

He was at a charity golf tournament last week and there was a silent auction.  In addition to a lovely bath product basket (Man Vision can clearly see that bath products are always a good buy), Tony bid on a coffee basket.  Seems a safe bet, as we both drink coffee, and the money was going to a good cause (I have no idea how much money, but I will admit that my first reaction was too much)… but take a look at the cups that came with the coffee:

photo (45)

I’m pretty sure they’re plotting my demise.

I mean, take a look at that creepy face:

photo (46)
You want coffee, don’t you?  Come drink it out of my head.  I promise it won’t harm you.  Hold my ear and drink… thaaaat’s it, drink.  My pretty…


After my initial horror (and unfairly laughing at Tony that he would purchase such a thing – after all, he was trying to do something nice for me, and he truly did not think these were creepy at all), I realized that I will probably drink out of these every Halloween until I die, and probably force a cup on anyone who visits during the Halloween season (it’s a whole month round these parts).  “Here.  Have some coffee.  Drink it out of my grotesque, pale, porcelain, silver-lipped baby cups.  Guaranteed to haunt your dreams for at least a few days.”

Who want’s to come for tea?

photo (47)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love the picture at the end. Those are great.