Monday, August 3, 2009

Baaack Up

Whew! Another whirlwind weekend. But, that's a story for another time (later this week, perhaps?). First, I want to tell you about last weekend, you know, way back in July. I'm living in the past, it's true.

We spent the weekend, Thursday night to Sunday noonish, in Ilwaco. The reason: my 10-year class reunion. Which was a bit lame. Not that I expected miracles or anything, but we were a tad short on people. My friend Monica and I were the only ones who came from out of town (I guess when most people get away, they want to stay away), and barely anyone came to the mid-day barbecue on Saturday. However, quite a few folk were at the bar evening, and it was great to catch up with some of them. All in all, we've turned into some pretty nice people (at least, I'm assuming, those of us who aren't in prison have) and we still like to have a good time.

But, the highlight of the weekend, as usual, was Charles interacting with his grandparents. My, does he love those four! Here are a few photos, as they say it all better than I could:
Grandpa Joe Hat!!!!
Eating eyeballs with Grandpa Roger

Grandpa Joe's Mo-Mo-Cycle

Gah! No photos of Grandmas! Rest assured, they loved on Charles all weekend, and he loved on them back. Grandma Loris is especially good at getting Charles to sleep, while Grandma Jane makes him giggle (and cry, because she won't always give him what he wants, but then if he is throwing a tantrum, she laughs at him, which is awesome).
Coming soon, a new installment of Theme Songs! Get ready, it's a doozy!

No comments: