Monday, June 17, 2013

Charles Calls It the Green Lantern Car

When you’re 29 and a bachelor with your own business, one that after five years is finally profitable enough to allow you to live comfortably and with a few splurges (like a car payment) rather than like a pauper with no disposable income, you buy yourself your dream car:

 

photocar

 

What kind of car is that?  It’s a Lotus-Amelia-Is-Too-Damn-Old-To-Ride-In-It-Elise.  This car does not play nicely with 32-year-old mother with balance issues and a low center of gravity.  It sure looks nice, though. 

 

Leland is my favorite brother.  He’s my best friend.  He’s always there for me.  He’s fond of saying, “Didn’t I tell you everything would be fine?”  He loves my kids (Jamie just started saying “Eeee-An!” every time he sees Leland or a photo of Leland or we’re even just talking about Leland).  He loves Slayer.  And gargoyles.  And skulls.  And dragons:

 

photocake

 

…so I made him a dragon cake (rice krispies treat with frosting).  Because as much as he is an awesome brother, I am an awesome sister.

 

Happy birthday, Leland.  Thanks for pulling me out of your car, because I didn’t really want to stay there forever, and I sure as hell wasn’t getting out under my own steam.

No comments: