Friday, October 18, 2013

October Sunshine

photo 5 (2)

He calls it his airplane hat – because it has “wings” I think?

 

The local paper ran an article about the weather on the front page this morning.  Slow news day, I guess, but at least the article was positive: we will be enjoying sunny skies for at least the next week.

 

I think I’ll paint the bathrooms.  The boys can just pee outside.  I’ll use the laundry room toilet.

 

We’ve been taking full advantage of the outdoors in the past few days, and God bless friends because we have been so busy and don’t appear to be calming down anytime soon.  I must make myself sound much less competent than I actually am at home.  I think friends are worried for my sanity – they have stepped up and invited me everywhere this week.  Also, Honorary Auntie Liz is coming tonight.  And my mom.  It’s like everyone is either trying to make sure I don’t go batshit crazy alone with the kids or they just really don’t like Tony and waited for him to leave before making plans with me (I’m guessing the former; Tony remains an awesome person).

 

Regardless, we’re loving it.  I enjoy being busy, and I enjoy not cooking, so dinners and activities with friends make me happy.  We spend our afternoons and evenings out of doors and this weekend, well, I don’t know what we’re going to do yet, but it will be fun.  There are so many parks to explore!  Soak up that vitamin D while you can, I say.

 photo 4 (2)

I pretty much shadow Jamie around the park.  He can climb really high, but doesn’t like to fall.

 photo 2 (6)

Charles, on the other hand, is a blur of activity at the park, making friends with other kids and getting so sweaty in 50-degree weather that he starts leaving articles of clothing around the park like a trail of breadcrumbs indicating the trajectory of his madcap adventures.

 photo 1 (7) 

Unfortunately for me, because we do so much and the kids are so active, they have built up a high level of endurance and strength.  Since Wednesday, they have awakened with me every morning at 6 am, done a Jillian Micheals video (30 Day Shred), even using little one- and five-pound weights, and have continued through their days like tornadoes until bedtime.  At which point, they refuse to sleep.  Maybe I need to force them to be sloth-like for a month so it will take less work to tire them out.  That, or I’ll decree “no naps!”

 

Tony gets back on Monday.  Not that I’m counting down the days or anything.

No comments: